Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

About Founder, Resiliency Training LLC & Milwaukee Survival Courses




The beginning…my passion for the outdoors began early. I received a degree in Environmental Education from the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, and worked summers at the Gunflint Outfitters in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and as a naturalist for Governor Nelson State Park. I learned my winter survival skills from legendary Glacier National Park Ranger, Art Sedlack, while camping out in over ten feet of snow deep inside the park. I put my knowledge and experience to use in the Peace Corps,  creating and teaching environmental curriculum in Jamaica.  I also taught survival skills at YMCA resident camps in Michigan and Wisconsin.  I have been a trainer for large corporations including the Peace Corps, Six Flags, and the Timberland Boot and Outdoor Gear Company.  I love adventure and travel and putting your skills to the test; so in 2012, I traveled to Mongolia where I learned to “live off the land” in a traditional nomadic lifestyle.

I am fully certified as a Low Ropes Initiatives Facilitator (team building) and am a member of FEMA CERT (Federal Emergency Management Agency Community Emergency Response Teams.)  I've combined my experience and passion for teaching all age groups, including children, THRIVING SKILLS for both outdoor and urban/household  environments. Because you don't want to just survive, you want to THRIVE!
Resiliency Training LLC is my inspired creation of to empower individuals and families and to create more resilient individuals and communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment