Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thrive Movie Presentation


This past Sunday I had the pleasure of attending a showing of the movie Thrive. It seems to fit in well with my overall life philosophy. I don't necesarrily believe everything that the movie promotes, but I do like the idea of the lifestyle that the movie promotes. That is, actions an individual can take to THRIVE. The movie encourages individuals to bank only at local banks such as credit unions, buy locally and engage in healthy eating habits which includes organic non-GMO foods. These are steps I have already taken and am already taking the next step which is to grow my own food. I believe in supporting local small businesses and try to avoid giving my dollars to big business.

I also believe in self sufficiency which is why I teach classes on how to live a self empowered lifestyle. I don't want to have to rely on anyone in times of crisis so I make sure that I am prepared and have the knowledge to take care of myself. I don't ever want to be one of those people who cries for someone to help them in times of crisis. Towards this end I have gained knowledge and teach skills in:

Plants for medicinal purposes
Outdoor Thriving Skills
Creating homemade beauty products
Basic First Aid Skills
Creating an emergency plan and backpack (typically called a To-Go Bag)
Knowledge of how to create a homemade water filtering system
Urban gardening

I am curious to know what else people believe anyone should know about in the quest for a self sufficient empowered lifestyle. My next phase is to become energy independent. Some call this "living off the grid". This seems to be the hardest or at least most expensive form of self sufficiency. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to achieve this in an affordable manner?






No comments:

Post a Comment